Sunday 1 December 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I'm Leaving It Up To You by Dale & Grace.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Charade, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1963 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Marco Greco: Brazilian race car driver.
- Nathalie Lambert: Canadian short track speed skater.
- Arjuna Ranatunga: Sri Lankan cricketer and politician.
- New York Jets' first shutout, beat Kansas City Chiefs 17-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- The Dixiebelles - (Down At) Papa Joe's
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1963 and get them!