Wednesday 24 November 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Jean-Marie Pelou: French journalist who served as political editor-in-chief at AFP (Agence France-Presse).
- Jean Maridor: France sport Champion.
- Elyane Dorsay: France Actor.
- Anthony Griffin: Sailor.
- Joseph Olutola Olu Odutola Oguntala: Soho club owner.
- Alexandru Macedonski: Romanian author and poet (d. 1920).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'd Love to Fall Asleep and Wake up in My Mammy's Arms - Peerless Quartet
- My Little Bimbo Down on the Bimbo Isle - Frank Crumit
- Cuban Moon - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Save a Little Dram for Me - Bert Williams
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1920 and get them!