Thursday 24 November 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Island of Lost Souls, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 24 November 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 November 1932 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
See other famous people born on 24 November
- In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Melvin A. Traylor -- Nov. 21, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1977
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Howard H. Jones -- Nov. 14, 1932
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
A New York Times Bestselling Author A Pulitzer Prize-winning Author A Nobel Prize-winning Author Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored father tells of the ...
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 24 November 1932 is such a special date for you!