Saturday 25 June 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 June 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 June
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Over 1,000 Syrians flee into Lebanon to escape the unrest. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian forces attempt to reinforce the border with Turkey. (''The Guardian'')
- Syria's deputy foreign minister says anti-regime protests have been ignited and fueled by ampquotextremistampquot groups with religious affiliations while a human rights group says 1,337 protesters have been killed since anti-regime protests began. (CNN)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Dozens of people are injured in Cairo in clashes between supporters and opponents of putting former President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak on trial for corruption. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Seventeen top footballers, some former members of the national team, defect to the side of the rebels, arriving to cheering crowds in the rebel stronghold of Zintan in western Libya. (BBC)
- 35 people are killed in a suicide car bomb attack in Afghanistan's Logar province. (Reuters)
- At least 10 people are killed in clashes in northern Kenya amid a severe drought affecting East Africa. (Al Jazeera)
- Computer hacking group LulzSec announces that it is disbanding. (Business Insider)
- Forces from Mauritania and Mali clash with Al-Qaeda militants in Mali, destroying a base several bodies are later found. (CNN)
- Five people are killed and 25 injured in clashes with police in the Puno region, Peru, in protests over mining projects. (CNN)
- 10 people are killed in Vietnam by storms, seven of which were struck by lightning. (''Times of India'')
- A strengthening tropical storm affects parts of eastern China, causing flooding, while a prolonged drought plagues the northwest of the country. (Xinhua)
- The death toll from the California Zephyr Amtrak train colliding with a truck in the U.S. state of Nevada rises to six, with two dozen passengers unaccounted for. (AP via Forbes)
- Alleged personal details of former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Tony Blair are published online by computer hackers. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Former Egyptian trade minister, Rashid Mohamed Rashid, is convicted in absentia of profiteering and unlawfully taking money from the country's Export Development Fund and is sentenced to five years in prison and fined nearly 9.4 million Egyptian pound ($1.6 million). (CNN)
- Release of Chinese dissidents:
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?