Thursday 25 November 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donovan McNabb and Clint Mathis.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Outsiders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or Quiz Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1976 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Donovan McNabb: American football player.
- Clint Mathis: American soccer player and coach.
- Olena Vitrychenko: Ukrainian gymnast and coach.
- OJ Simpson gains 273 yards for Buffalo vs. Detroit
- Viking 1 radio signal from Mars helps prove general theory of relativity.
- In San Francisco, The Band holds its farewell concert, ''The Last Waltz''.
- Microsoft is officially registered with the Office of the Secretary of the State of New Mexico.
- Warsaw Treaty Organization joint secretariat established.
- Angola joins the United Nations.
- José López Portillo takes office as President of Mexico.
- The Sex Pistols achieve public notoriety as they unleash several 4-letter words live on Bill Grundy's early evening TV show.
- Sir Douglas Nicholls appointed 28th Governor of South Australia, the first Australian Aboriginal appointed to vice-regal office.
- Bob Marley and his manager Don Taylor are shot in an assassination attempt in Kingston, Jamaica.
- Patrick Hillery is elected unopposed as the 6th President of Ireland.
- The Viet Cong is disbanded in which its former members become a part of the Vietnam People's Army.
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is established by the 5 Latinos in the United States Congress: Herman Badillo of the Bronx, E. de la Garza and Henry B. Gonzalez of Texas, Edward R. Roybal of California, and the nonvoting Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico, Baltasar Corrada del Rio.
- ''Hotel California'' by The Eagles is released.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- KISS - Beth
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?