Sunday 25 October 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1959 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Ignacio Copani: Argentine singer.
- Jérôme Gallot: French political figure, who served as Deputy Director (1993), and then Chief of Staff at the Ministry of Industry, Post and Telecommunications and International Trade.
- Chrissy Amphlett: Australian singer-songwriter and actress (Divinyls) (d. 2013).
- Bob Murphy: TV host (RFD America), dies at 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- The Browns - The Three Bells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?