Tuesday 26 January 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You Only Live Once, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1937 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Joseph Momoh: Sierra Leonean soldier and politician 2nd President of Sierra Leone (d. 2003).
- S J: B Langdale; Headmaster (Shrewsbury School).
- Gerrit Gerritse: Dutch Member of Parliament (CDA).
- Joseph Saidu Momoh: Sierra Leone political leader (d. 2003).
- The U.S. state of Michigan celebrates its Centennial Anniversary of statehood.
- The Ohio River floods.
- The Soviet Union executes 31 people for alleged Trotskyism.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?