Saturday 9 January 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sabotage, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1937 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Jean-Paul Guerlain: French perfumer and the former head of the company Guerlain.
- Michael Nicholson: English journalist and author.
- K Schlesinger: Writer.
- Joseph Epstein: American writer, essayist, editor and educator whose work includes three published collections of essays, two collections of literary criticism, two nonfiction books, and courses in literature and writing conducted as a visiting lecturer at Northwestern University.
- Italian regime bans marriages between Italians and Abyssinians.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1937 and get them!