Saturday 2 January 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fire Over England, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1937 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- David Bailey: English photographer and painter.
- Marianne McDonald: Classicist / philanthropist.
- Martin Lauer: German athlete, winner of gold medal in 4x100 m relay at the 1960 Summer Olympics.
- Peter Davis: American documentary maker, noted for powerful productions.
- Ross Alexander: Actor (Captain Blood, Boulder Dam), dies at 29.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?