Sunday 26 January 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include B James and Norman Lamont.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monitor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1958 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- B James: Lowry; rocker (Boys Band).
- Norman Lamont: Hassan; British reggae musician (UB40 - "Red Red Wine").
- Dave Rummells in Cedar Rapids: Iowa, USA; Nike golfer (1993 Buick-second).
- Anita Baker in Toledo: Ohio, USA; singer ("Giving You the Best That I Got").
- Salvador Sanchez: Mexican boxer.
- Ellen DeGeneres in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; comedienne (Ellen Morgan - Ellen).
- Christophe Coin: French cellist, viola da gamba player and conductor active in the field of historically informed performance. He is the cellist of the Quatuor Mosaïques and is the director of the Ensemble Baroque de Limoges.
- Ellen Degeneres: American actress and talented comedienne with a hit TV show, "Ellen," in which she came out as a lesbian on 4/30/1997. In an interview with Diane Sawyer for 20/20, she said that she had tried sex with a couple of men and found that she didn't like it. Ellen met Anne Hecht on Oscar night, 3/23/1997 and began an immediate, impassioned love affair; their affection and openness made the two women veritable poster-girls for gay pride in Hollywood and elsewhere. After 3 1/2 years together, Degeneres a
- Anita Baker: R&B Singer
- Salvador Sánchez: Mexican boxer (d. 1982)
- H Laskow replaces Moshe Dayan on as Israeli Minister of Defense
- Jack Smith takes over for Art Baker as TV host of You Asked for It
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Lake Worth Open Golf Invitational.
- Japanese ferry Nankai Maru capsizes off southern Awaji Island, Japan, 167 killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?