Monday 13 January 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1958 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Ricardo Acuna: in Chile; tennis star.
- Francisco Buyo: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Ton Chatinier: Dutch footballer and manager.
- US newspaper Daily Worker ceases publication.
- 9,000 scientists of 43 nations petition United Nations for nuclear test ban.
- The Moroccan Liberation Army ambushes a Spanish patrol in the Battle of Edchera.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?