Saturday 4 January 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Frewer in Washington DC and Nina Foust in Asheboro.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sie schreiben mit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1958 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Matt Frewer in Washington DC: USA; actor (Max Headroom, Doctor Doctor).
- Nina Foust in Asheboro: North Carolina, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Hawaiian Ladies Open-6th).
- Andy Borowitz: American comedian and satirist.
- Matt Frewer: American-Canadian actor.
- Gary Jones: Welsh-Canadian actor and screenwriter.
- Julian Sands: English actor
- Waverley John Anderson of Scotland: Viscount/Governor of Bengal, dies at age 75.
- Sputnik 1 falls to Earth from its orbit (launched on October 4, 1957).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?