Thursday 26 June 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1958 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Glen Stewart Godwin: Miami, Florida -- Murderer (FBI Most Wanted).
- Riho Sibul: Estonian singer and guitarist (Ultima Thule and Propeller).
- Pedro Cateriano: Peruvian lawyer and politician, and appointed Prime Minister of Peru on 2 April 2015.
- Stefano Magagnoli: Italian TV journalist and actor in commercials.
- Gaston Eyskens becomes Premier of Belgium
- Mackinac Straits Bridge, Michigan dedicated
- Vanguard SLV-2 launched for Earth orbit (failed).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?