Friday 6 June 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1958 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Danny Webb: English actor.
- Paul Burrell: British servant to the British royal family.
- Elaine Crosby: Birmingham, Michigan -- LPGA golfer (1989 Mazda Japan Classic).
- Lily Theresa Strickland: Composer, dies at 71.
- Ozzie Virgil is 1st black to play as a Tiger
- Premier Charles de Gaulle says Algeria will always be French
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?