Tuesday 17 June 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan McVicar in Independence and Derek Lee Ragin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1958 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Dan McVicar in Independence: Missouri, USA; actor (Clarke - The Bold and the Beautiful).
- Derek Lee Ragin: American countertenor.
- Pierre Berbizier: French rugby union footballer and coach.
- Jello Biafra: American singer-songwriter and producer (Dead Kennedys The No WTO Combo and Lard).
- Nicky Clarke: English hairdresser.
- Bobby Farrelly: American director producer and screenwriter
- Sam Hamad: Syrian-Canadian academic and politician
- Jon Leibowitz: American lawyer and politician
- Daniel McVicar: American actor and producer
- Derek Ragin: American tenor
- Radio Moscow reports execution of Hungarian ex-premier Imre Nagy
- The Ironworkers Memorial Second Narrows Crossing, in the process of being built to connect Vancouver and North Vancouver (Canada), collapses into the Burrard Inlet killing many of the ironworkers and injuring others.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?