Wednesday 26 June 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
An Affair to Remember, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1957 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Al Ashton: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Philippe Couillard: Canadian surgeon and politician 31st Premier of Quebec.
- Patty Smyth: American singer-songwriter (Scandal).
- Gabriele Pauli: German politician, formerly with the conservative Christian Social Union (CSU) party.
- Alfred Doblin: German writer (Born 1878).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?