Wednesday 28 June 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1961 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Eliezer Melamed: Israeli rabbi and author.
- Jay Schroeder: American professional football player, a quarterback with the Los Angeles Raiders who loves to throw deep.
- Jay Schroeder NFL quarterback (Washington Redskins: Los Angeles Raiders).
- Jeff Malone: American athlete, a 13-season pro basketball player beginning in 1983.
- Phils and SF set then record longest night game (5h11m) 7-7 15 inn tie
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?