Monday 27 December 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Salman Khan and Jean-Thierry Mathurin.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pater Brown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1965 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Salman Khan: Indian film actor, producer and television personality, with a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide, cited in the media as one of the most popular and commercially successful actors of Hindi cinema.
- Jean-Thierry Mathurin: French serial killer of elderly women.
- Chris Mainwaring: Australian footballer and journalist (d. 2007).
- Edgar Ende: German painter (Born 1901).
- The British oil platform ''Sea Gem'' collapses in the North Sea.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The McCoys - Fever
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?