Tuesday 23 July 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beth Ehlers in Queens and Christopher "Chris" Kerber.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1968 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Beth Ehlers in Queens: New York, USA; actress (Harley Cooper - Guiding Light).
- Christopher "Chris" Kerber: Collingswood, New Jersey -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Douglas Craft: CFL defensive back (Montreal Alouettes).
- Stefan Figliuzzi: Hockey forward (Team Italy 1998).
- Stephanie Seymour in San Diego: California, USA; model (Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover-1988), actress (Sunny Side Up).
- Nick Menza: Germany-born American drummer (Megadeth)
- Elden Campbell: American basketball player: forward/center, Lakers. A first round draft pick out of Clemson in 1990.
- Gary Payton: American basketball player, guard for the Seattle Supersonics. On the All Stars Dream Team in 1996 he was named Defensive Player of the Year. That year at the Western Conference Championship, they lost to the Bulls in the finals.
- Stephanie Seymour: American model and actress
- Fred Blasie wins 5th wrestling world championship belt.
- Glenville Shootout: in Cleveland, Ohio, a violent shootout between a Black Militant organization led by Ahmed Evans and the Cleveland Police Department occurs. During the shootout, a riot begins and lasts for five days.
- The only successful hijacking of an El Al aircraft takes place when a Boeing 707 carrying 10 crew and 38 passengers is taken over by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The aircraft was en route from Rome, Italy, to Lod, Israel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?