Monday 29 July 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kristen Babb-Sprague and Mike Williams.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1968 ?
- Kristen Babb-Sprague: California, United States -- US synchronized swimmer (1992 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mike Williams: Radford, Virginia -- Pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Paavo Lotjonen: Finnish cellist (Apocalyptica).
- Gideon Henderson: English geologist and academic.
- Paavo Lötjönen: Finnish cellist and educator (Apocalyptica).
- Rodney Rippy: American actor
- Gram Parson refuses to play with the Byrds in South Africa
- Pope Paul VI, in an encyclical entitled Humanae Vitae (Of Human Life), declares any artificial forms of birth control prohibited
- Washington DC Ron Hansen makes unassisted triple play vs. Cleveland
- Cincinnati Reds' player George Culver no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 6-1.
- Mount Arenal, Costa Rica kills 80 in Pelee-type eruption.
- Arenal Volcano erupts in Costa Rica for the first time in centuries.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 July 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?