Wednesday 31 July 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1968 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Andre Ware: American athlete, pro football player, quarterback.
- Saeed-Al-Saffar : Former UAE cricketer.
- Julian Richards: Welsh director and producer.
- Denis Loré: French matador.
- David Bradley Stockton Jr: Redlands, California -- PGA golfer (1994 Canon-3rd).
- Gertrude Short: Actress (Stella Dallas, Blonde Venus), dies at 66.
- Beatles close Apple Boutique, giving clothes away for free
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?