Wednesday 17 July 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1968 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Andre Royo: American actor and producer.
- Bitty Schram: American actress.
- Tony Diaz: American homicide; after five months planning, he shot the wrong woman between the eyes on 7/10/1993 on a sidewalk in Quincy, MA.
- Darren Day: Stage Actor.
- Beth Littleford: American comedian.
- A revolution occurs in Iraq when Abdul Rahman Arif is overthrown and the Ba'ath Party is installed as the governing power in Iraq with Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr as the new Iraqi President.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?