Friday 12 July 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1968 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Saw: Jamaican singer.
- Catherine Plewinski: French swimmer, a champion, the winner of many awards in the free-style and butterfly.
- Couve de Murville forms government in France
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?