Thursday 4 July 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1968 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Derek Loville: NFL running back (SF 49ers).
- Loville Derek: NFL running back (Denver Broncos, Super Bowl 32).
- Mark Lenzi: Huntsville, Alabama -- Diver (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Ronni Ancona: Scottish actress and screenwriter.
- Jack Frost: American guitarist and songwriter (Seven Witches and The Bronx Casket Co.
- Yachtsman Alec Rose, 59, receives a hero's welcome as he sails into Portsmouth, England after his 354-day round-the-world trip.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?