Monday 30 July 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marx and Venus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ankh: Battle of the Gods or Crash Time: Autobahn Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 July 2007 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 July
- New British Prime Minister Gordon Brown visits U.S. President George W. Bush for the first time as Prime Minister.
- A new species of scallop as well as a new species of octopus are discovered off the coast of Nova Scotia.
- Juan Manuel Santos, the Defense Minister of Colombia, claims that the military has been infiltrated by FARC and drug gangs. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Internal Revenue Service search the house of Senator Ted Stevens in Girdwood, Alaska. (AP via ABC News America)
- The United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and the United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates travel to the Middle East to offer increased aid to allies of the United States and to seek advice on Iraq. (Reuters)
- Bedouin clash with Egyptian riot police near the Gaza Strip. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- The Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas travels to Moscow seeking Russian support. (Itar-Tass)
- International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors visit the Arak heavy-water reactor site in Iran. (Reuters)
- The Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts is hospitalized after suffering a seizure at his summer home in Maine. (The Washington Post)
- Islamic militants occupy a shrine in a tribal area of Pakistan and name it after the Lal Masjid in Islamabad recently stormed by the Pakistan army. (BBC)
- A 15th village in the Czech Republic rejects by referendum the US plan to place anti-ballistic missiles at a nearby military base. The vote was 97% against the plan, however, the vote is non-binding on the national government. (Monsters and Critics)
- An Afghan governor asks the Taliban to extend Monday's deadline for the lives of 22 South Koreans, after militants warned the Afghan government to release 23 of its captured fighters or else hostages will die. The Taliban later executes a hostage. (BBC)
- Deaths in China from floods, lightning and landslides during the summer approach 700. (Reuters)
- The President of the Ivory Coast Laurent Gbagbo visits the former rebel held north for the first time since 2002 where stockpiled weapons will be burnt as a symbol of reconciliation after the end of an uprising. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- Hurricane Chris - A Bay Bay
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
- Bartender - T-Pain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?