Friday 20 July 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 20 July 2007 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Tammy Faye Messner (Bakker): American televangelist (Born 1942).
- The President of Brazil Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva orders an inquiry into the crash of TAM Linhas Aéreas Flight 3054. (CNN)
- The UK Crown Prosecution Service ends its inquiry into the ampquotCash for honoursampquot claims with a finding that the evidence is not sufficient to warrant charges being laid. (Washington Post)
- China shuts down a chemical plant associated with deaths in Panama from tainted medicine and two petfood plants associated with the deaths of pets in the United States. (AP via CNN)
- Hundreds of thousands of Bolivians protest proposals to shift the capital from La Paz to Sucre. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- The Government of Ethiopia pardons and frees opposition leaders who had been sentenced to life imprisonment for their roles in riots following 2005 elections. Prime Minister Meles Zenawi denies that the release was forced by the United States. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan unanimously reinstates Iftikhar Chaudhry as Chief Justice.
- Taliban insurgents stop a bus in Afghanistan and kidnap some of the passengers including South Koreans. (Reuters)
- Israel has begun releasing 250 Palestinian prisoners associated with Fatah. (BBC)
- 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup: After the Argentina vs Chile semi-final game ended, a scuffle between Toronto Police officers and members of the Chilean team led to the arrest of 21 players. (TSN)
- Shoaib Mansoor's Khuda Ke Liye is released all over Pakistan by Geo Films and is considered to be the revival of cinema in Pakistan.
- Tewkesbury was flooded
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?