Sunday 30 November 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 30 November 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 30 November 1930 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
See other famous people born on 30 November
James Felton Boyd: Rocky Mount, North Carolina -- Light HW boxer (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
G Gordon Liddy: American Watergate operative and talk radio host.
G Liddy: American lawyer and radio host.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1930?
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1874
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Senator Robert Bulkley -- Nov. 24, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 72 issue 1873
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
1930. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 30 November 1930 is such a special date for you!