Tuesday 31 March 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Diaz-Infante and Rod Jones.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Quick Gun, directed by Sidney Salkow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Drehscheibe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1964 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- David Diaz-Infante: NFL guard (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Rod Jones: NFL cornerback (Cin Bengals).
- Erik Turner in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; rock guitarist (Warrant-Cherry Pie).
- Dave Wyman: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos).
- Fez Marie Whatley: American radio host and comedian.
- Paul Wong Koon-Chung: Hong Kong musician (Beyond)
- DMC : American rapper of Run DMC, a group that is given credit for bringing hip-hop music to mass audiences in the 1980s. The group was the first rap act to be on the top 10 and was the first featured on MTV music channel. The group had its first hit, "It's Like That," in 1983. in 1985 "Raising Hell" became the first rap album to go platinum. By 1990, the group had all but vanished from the music scene though they released another album in 2001. It did not stimulate a comeback, however,
- Isabella Ferrari: Italian actress of television, theatre and the cinema. She is best known as the protagonist, Commissioner Giovanna Scalise in the police drama series "Distretto di Polizia" (Police District) and "Distretto di Polizia 2" (Police District 2) which was televised on Mediaset's Canale 5 from 2000 to 2001. At the 1995 Venice Film Festival she won a Volpi Cup award for Best Supporting Actress in the film "Romanzo di un giovane povero."
- Mark Hoban: English accountant and politician
- Brad Slaight: American comedian actor and screenwriter
- Fez Whatley: American radio host and producer
- Paul Wong: Hong Kong singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Beyond)
- President Jango Goulart of Brazil chased out of office by military.
- A coup d'etat in Brazil establishes a military government, under the aegis of general Castello Branco.
- The military overthrows Brazilian President João Goulart in a coup, starting 21 years of dictatorship in Brazil.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?