Monday 30 March 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tracy Chapman US singer/songwriter ("Freedom Now" and Corey Millen in Cloquet.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Quick Gun, directed by Sidney Salkow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Drehscheibe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1964 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Tracy Chapman US singer/songwriter ("Freedom Now": "I Got a Fast Car").
- Corey Millen in Cloquet: Minnesota, USA; NHL center (Calgary Flames).
- Dave Ellett in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Abu Anas al-Liby: Tied to al-Qaeda since 1994, this man was arrested by Americans (captured in Tripoli by US Army's Delta Force) on 5th October 2013.
- Tracy Chapman: American singer whose debut album in 1988 was "Tracy Chapman.
- Christophe Robert: French soccer player, he played for FC Nantes (1981-1991), AS Monaco FC (1991-1992), US Valenciennes (1992-1993), Ferro Carril Oeste (1994-1995), CS Louhans-Cuiseaux (1995-1996), AS Nancy (1996-1997) and AS Saint-Étienne (1997-1999).
- Ian Ziering: American actor
- Vlado Bozinovski: Macedonian-Australian footballer and manager
- David Ellett: Canadian ice hockey player
- Sigurd Haveland: Gibraltarian triathlete and cyclist
- Willem CN Andriessen Dutch composer/pianist (Beethoven): dies at age 76.
- Astronaut John Glenn withdraws from Ohio Senate race
- US Astronaut John Glenn withdraws from Ohio senate race.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?