Monday 30 March 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Quick Gun, directed by Sidney Salkow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1964 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Tracy Chapman US singer/songwriter ("Freedom Now": "I Got a Fast Car").
- Corey Millen in Cloquet: Minnesota, USA; NHL center (Calgary Flames).
- Dave Ellett in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Vlado Bozinovski: Macedonian-Australian footballer and manager.
- David Ellett: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Sigurd Haveland: Gibraltarian triathlete and cyclist
- Ian Ziering: American actor
- Tracy Chapman: American singer whose debut album in 1988 was "Tracy Chapman." She sang her song, "Give Me One Reason" in shows and club gigs but did not record it until Electra made a single in June 1996; it sold over 700,000 copies.
- Abu Anas al-Liby: Tied to al-Qaeda since 1994, this man was arrested by Americans (captured in Tripoli by US Army's Delta Force) on 5th October 2013. Because of his resemblance with his leader, he was often used as a decoy when Bin Laden travelled.
- Christophe Robert: French soccer player, he played for FC Nantes (1981-1991), AS Monaco FC (1991-1992), US Valenciennes (1992-1993), Ferro Carril Oeste (1994-1995), CS Louhans-Cuiseaux (1995-1996), AS Nancy (1996-1997) and AS Saint-Étienne (1997-1999).
- Willem CN Andriessen Dutch composer/pianist (Beethoven): dies at age 76.
- Astronaut John Glenn withdraws from Ohio Senate race
- US Astronaut John Glenn withdraws from Ohio senate race.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1964 and get them!