Thursday 5 March 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Becket, directed by Peter Glenville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1964 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Bertrand Cantat: French rock star and leader of Noir Desire, convicted of killing his lover Marie Trintignant.
- Reggie Williams: NBA forward / guard (Denver Nuggets).
- Gerald Vanenburg: Dutch footballer.
- Emergency crisis proclaimed in Ceylon due to social unrest.
- Atlanta Mayor Ivan Allen Jr announces a baseball team is moving there.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- Dale & Grace - Stop And Think It Over
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?