Friday 27 March 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to She Loves You by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Quick Gun, directed by Sidney Salkow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1964 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Glenn Carter: English actor and singer-songwriter.
- Clark Datchler: English singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Johnny Hates Jazz).
- Guy Guzzone: American politician.
- Pascale Machaalani: Lebanese singer.
- Clive Rowe: English actor.
- Jessica Soho: Filipino journalist
- Kad Merad: French stage and film actor, and humourist, born to an Algerian father and a French mother. Widely knoxn for his role in "Welcome to the Sticks" and "Superchondriac", the famous French comedy films directed by Dany Boon.
- 1st true Pirate Radio station, Radio Caroline (England)
- UN troops arrive on Cyprus
- Earthquake strikes Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 9.2 on Richter scale, 131 die from earthquake and resulting tsunami; this is the most violent eathquake in US history.
- Great Train Robbers sentenced to a total of 307 years behind bars.
- The Good Friday Earthquake, the most powerful earthquake in U.S. history at a magnitude of 9.2 strikes South Central Alaska, killing 125 people and inflicting massive damage to the city of Anchorage.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?