Sunday 29 March 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to She Loves You by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Quick Gun, directed by Sidney Salkow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1964 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Jill Goodacre Connick in Lubbock: Texas, USA; model (Victoria Secrets).
- Annabella Sciorra: American actress.
- Michael A Jackson: American politician.
- Michael Jackson: American police officer and politician.
- Ming Tsai: American chef and television host.
- Elle Macpherson: Model
- Ted Collins: Pianist (Kate Smith Evening Hour), dies at 63.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- Bobby Vinton - My Heart Belongs To Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1964 and get them!