Friday 20 March 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Davidon and Natacha Atlas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to She Loves You by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
The Fall of the Roman Empire, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1964 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Ruth Davidon: Baltimore, Maryland -- Rower (1996 Olympics - 6th Place).
- Natacha Atlas: Belgian singer born to an English-Egyptian father and an English mother, she is known in Europe for having interpreted "Mon amie la rose", Françoise Hardy's song.
- ESRO established, European Space Research Organization
- The precursor of the European Space Agency, ESRO (European Space Research Organization) is established per an agreement signed on June 14, 1962.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 March 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Al Martino - I Love You More And More Every Day
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?