Thursday 26 September 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Lilies of the Field, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1963 ?
- Douglas Wakiihuri: Kenyan marathon runner (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Lysette Anthony: London, England -- Actress (Angelique-Dark Shadows, Switch).
- Joe Nemechek: American race car driver.
- 1st edition of NYC Review of Books
- Lee Harvey Oswald travels on Continental Trailways bus to Mexico
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?