Thursday 1 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Porcaro and Chang-dong Lee.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Age Of The Moguls by Stewart H. Holbrook was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 April 1954 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Jeff Porcaro: American drummer songwriter and producer (Toto and Clover) (d. 1992).
- Chang-dong Lee
- Knut Værnes: Norwegian guitarist.
- Arnold Sidebottom: English footballer and cricketer.
- Dave Ulliott: English poker player (d. 2015).
- Üllar Kerde: Estonian basketball player and coach.
- Jeff Porcaro in Los Angeles: California, USA; drummer/percussionist (Toto - "Roxanne", "Africa").
- 1st army helicopter battalion forms, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- 1st Dutch motorway, Amsterdam-Utrecht, opens
- US Air Force Academy forms
- WQED TV channel 13 in Pittsburgh, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorizes the creation of the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado.
- Earthquake/tsunami ravages Aleutians, 200 killed.
- First army helicopter battalion is formed, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - Here
- A Girl A Girl (Zoom-Ba Di Alli Nella) - Eddie Fisher
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?