Saturday 1 April 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Temperature by Sean Paul.
In UK It's Chico Time by Chico was in the top 5 hits.
Lucky Number Slevin, directed by Paul McGuigan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You'Re Wearing That? by Deborah Tannen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Angry Video Game Nerd.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crash Boom Bang! or Caesar IV.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 2006!
Which were the important events of 1 April 2006 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 April
- In Tam: Cambodian politician (Born 1916).
- The Serious Organised Crime Agency, dubbed the ''British FBI'', is created in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 April 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Messina : 3 - 0
- Lecce - Milan : 1 - 0
- Treviso - Juventus : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Lierse : 3 - 0
- Genk - FC Brussels : 1 - 0
- Gent - Club Brugge : 4 - 1
- Germinal - Roeselare : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - FC Koln : 2 - 2
- Ein Frankfurt - Werder Bremen : 0 - 1
- Hertha - Stuttgart : 2 - 0
- Leverkusen - Kaiserslautern : 5 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Real Madrid : 1 - 1
- Sociedad - Malaga : 3 - 0
- Zaragoza - Villarreal : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?