Wednesday 1 January 1913, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eliot Janeway and Felix Brunet.
L'orrida meta, directed by Ubaldo Pittei, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1913 ?
- Eliot Janeway: financial writer (Economics of Chaos).
- Felix Brunet: France sport Champion.
- Michel Latarjet: Lyon 2?me physician.
- Post office begins parcel post deliveries.
- British Board of Film Censors receives the authority to classify and censor films.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rose of Pyramid Land - Walter Van Brunt & Helen Clark
- Town Topics of Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
- Hitchy-Koo - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?