Thursday 1 February 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Capdevielle and James Denis.
Police Chasing Scorching Auto, directed by Sr. Wallace McCutcheon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1906!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1906 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Pierre Capdevielle: Composer, dies at 63.
- Pierre Cardevielle: French composer / conductor (Amants Captifs).
- James Denis: French military aviator, a colonel in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Hildegarde : American international singer and pianist known as "the incomparable Hildegarde.
- Adetokunbo Ademola: Nigerian jurist 2nd Chief Justice of Nigeria (d. 1993).
- 1st federal penitentiary building completed, Leavenworth, Kansas