Thursday February 01, 1906
US date format: 2/1/1906, UK date format: 1/2/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Capdevielle and James Denis.
Police Chasing Scorching Auto, directed by Sr. Wallace McCutcheon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1906?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- 1st federal penitentiary building completed, Leavenworth, Kansas
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan - Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie