Tuesday 1 February 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Kanin and H Stanley.
The House of Cards, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1910 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- H Stanley: Cayzer.
- Michael Kanin: Rochester, New York -- Director / writer / actor (Woman of the Year).
- Ngapoi Ngawang Jigme: Tibetan politician (d. 2009).
- Pierre Horay: French publisher, founder in 1946 of the eponymous 'Horay' publishing house.
- Ngapoi Jigme: Chinese general and politician (d. 2009).
- Otto Julius Bierbaum German writer (Irrgarten Der Liebe): dies at age 44.
- 1st British labour exchange opens
- Dragoumis government forms in Greece.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Flanagan and His Motor Car - Steve Porter
- Wedding Bells - American Quartet (shown as Premier Quartet)
- When I Marry You - Harry Macdonough & Elizabeth Wheeler