Saturday 1 January 1910, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Horay and Russ Bender.
Excelsior, directed by Wu Min-Hsiung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1910 ?
- Pierre Horay
- Russ Bender: Actor / writer (Amazing Colossal Man, Space Monster).
- Vidal Santiago Diaz: Member of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party and served as president of the Santurce Municipal Board of officers of the party.
- Koesbini : Indonesian composer (d. 1991).
- Simpson-Hayward (England) takes 6-43 on debut with underarm lobs.
- Captain David Beatty is promoted to Rear Admiral, and becomes the youngest admiral in the Royal Navy (except for Royal family members), since Horatio Nelson.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye - Arthur Clough
- It's Hard to Kiss (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Walter Van Brunt