Saturday 1 January 1910, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Russ Bender and Vidal Santiago Diaz.
La esclusa, directed by Narciso Cuys, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1910 ?
- Russ Bender: Actor / writer (Amazing Colossal Man, Space Monster).
- Vidal Santiago Diaz: Member of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party and served as president of the Santurce Municipal Board of officers of the party.
- Koesbini : Indonesian composer (d. 1991).
- Simpson-Hayward (England) takes 6-43 on debut with underarm lobs.
- Captain David Beatty is promoted to Rear Admiral, and becomes the youngest admiral in the Royal Navy (except for Royal family members), since Horatio Nelson.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye - Arthur Clough
- It's Hard to Kiss (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?