Sunday 27 February 1910
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Bennett Palisades New Jersey and Peter De Vries Chicago Illinois.
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, directed by Grard Bourgeois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Wild Olive by Anonymous (Basil King) was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1910!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1910 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Joan Bennett Palisades New Jersey: actress (Elizabeth-Dark Shadows, Little Women, Disraeli).
- Peter De Vries Chicago Illinois: author (Reuben Reuben, The Prick of Noon).
- Clarence ''Kelly'' Johnson: American aircraft engineer (Lockheed Skunk Works) (d. 1990).
- Genrikh Gasparyan: Armenian chess player and composer (d. 1995).
- Joan Bennett: American actress, she and sister Constance were on-screen from 1928 .
- Robert Buron: French politician and Minister of Finance from 20 January 1955 to 23 February 1955 and Minister of Public Works, Transport, and Tourism during Charles de Gaulle's third term from 9 June 1958 to 8 January 1959.
- Joseph Doob: American mathematician, specializing in analysis and probability theory. The theory of martingales was developed by Doob. Married once, three children. Died June 7, 2004, Urbana, Illinois.
- Ted Horn: American race car driver, he won National Championship titles in 1946, 1947 and 1948. He was killed in a racing accident on a DuQuoin, IL raceway on October 10, 1948. He was inducted into the Motor sports Hall of Fame in 1993.
- Wolfgang Preiss: German theatre, film and television actor.
- Jean Marechal: France sport Champion
- Wolfgan Preiss: Germany Actor
- Jacques Charles: France Writer
- Peter De Vries: American editor and novelist (d. 1993)
- Kelly Johnson: American engineer co-founded Skunk Works (d. 1990)
- Genrikh Kasparyan: Armenian chess player (d. 1995)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm A-Dreamin' of You - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly? - Ada Jones
- She Sells Sea Shells - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?