Monday 1 February 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Beverly Shea and Helen Chandler.
Tom Thumb, directed by Karthik Chandran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1909 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- George Beverly Shea: Canadian singer.
- Helen Chandler: Charleston, South Carolina -- Actress (Christopher Strong, Dracula).
- Douglas Hall: Governor (Somaliland Protectorate).
- George Shea: Canadian-American singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
- US Assay Office in Salt Lake City, Utah opens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet