Sunday 1 February 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Austin and Jennifer Adams.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1948 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Debbie Austin: LPGA golfer.
- Jennifer Adams: superintendent (Central Royal Parks).
- Rick James: American R&B singer and multi-instrumentalist (Born 1948).
- Ferruccio Mazzola: Italian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Federation Malaysia forms from nine sultanates.
- Palestine Post building in Jerusalem is bombed.
- The Soviet Union begins to jam Voice of America broadcasts.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?