Wednesday 25 February 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Bosson and G B.
The Naked City, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 February 1948 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Bernard Bosson: French lawyer and politician.
- G B: Warren; British biochemist.
- Aldo Busi: Italian postmodernist writer and translator mostly active in the last twenty years.
- Danny Denzongpa: Indian actor and singer.
- Communists seize Czechoslovakia; C Gottwald becomes premier.
- The Communist Party takes control of government in Czechoslovakia and the period of the Third Republic ends.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Slap Her Down Again, Paw - Arthur Godfrey
- Alvino Rey & His Orchestra - I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
- I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra (Vocal Ames Brothers)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?