Thursday 12 February 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Hill and Raymond Kurzweil.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1948 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Cindy Hill: LPGA golfer.
- Raymond Kurzweil: American inventor and author.
- Mike Robitaille: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Alexander Carlile: Welsh politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Samuel Djian Gutenberg: Moroccan pro astrologer.
- Ray Kurzweil: American author, inventor, futurist, and director of engineering at Google. Aside from futurology, he is involved in fields such as optical character recognition (OCR), text-to-speech synthesis, speech recognition technology, and electronic keyboard instruments. He is the author of several books on health, artificial intelligence (AI), transhumanism, thetechnological singularity, and futurism. Kurzweil is generally recognized as a public advocate for the futurist and transhumanist movements, due
- Nicholas Soames: English politician Minister of State for the Armed Forces
- 1st Lt Nancy Leftenant becomes 1st black in army nursing corps
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Beg Your Pardon - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra (Vocal Marjorie Hughes)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?