Saturday 21 February 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Ragland in Richmond and Alain Dumontet.
Le Corbeau: The Raven, directed by Henri Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1948 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Larry Ragland in Richmond: Virginia, USA; comedian (Keep on Truckin').
- Alain Dumontet: French naval officer, a vice admiral and commander of the Jeanne d'Arc.
- Christian Vander: French musician, adopted son of Maurice Vander, is a former member of pop band Magma (with Didier Lockwood).
- Bill Slayback: American baseball player and singer (d. 2015).
- Frederick Archibald Lamond: Composer, dies at 80.
- NASCAR is incorporated.
- The stock car racing series Nascar is founded by Bill France Sr. and William France, Sr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra (Vocal Ames Brothers)
- Alvino Rey & His Orchestra - I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
- Slap Her Down Again, Paw - Arthur Godfrey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?