Monday 2 February 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ina Garten and Jessica Savitch.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Court of Current Issues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1948 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Ina Garten: American author and TV personality.
- Jessica Savitch: Kennet Square, Pennsylvania -- News anchor (NBC).
- Tony DeMeur rocker (Fabulous Poodles - "Anna Rexia": "Suicide Bridge").
- Alan McKay: rocker (Earth Wind and Fire - "Boogie Wonderland").
- Al McKay: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Earth Wind & Fire).
- Roger Williamson: English race car driver (d. 1973).
- President Truman urges Congress to adopt a civil rights program
- US President Harry Truman urges congress to adopt a civil rights program.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?