Saturday 20 March 1920US date format: 3/20/1920, UK date format: 20/3/1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrée Chedid and Gilbert Carpentier.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1920 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Andrée Chedid: French-Egyptian poet, journalist, and novelist of Lebanese descent, mother of Louis (singer) and Michèle, and Matthieu's grand-mother (singer).
- Gilbert Carpentier: French producer of very popular TV shows in France, from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- Marian McPartland jazz pianist (Bill Mayer: Jimmy McPartland).
- Pamela Harriman: British noted family, the third daughter of Lord Digby and the wife of Randolph Churchill in 1939 (the son of Winston Churchill); they divorced in 1945.
- Eric Rohmer: Director.
- Rosemary Timperley: English author and screenwriter (d. 1988).
- Vickie Panos: Canadian baseball player.
- Douglas G: Chapman biomathematical statistician.
- Venustiano Carranza President of Mexico (1915-20): murdered at age 60.
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Sherwin Badger
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Theresa Weld.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet