Friday March 01, 2019
US date format: 3/1/2019, UK date format: 1/3/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 1, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Enemy Within.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 01, 2019?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- See more
- Amazon announces plans to open dozens of proprietary grocery stores in several major U.S. cities. (The Wall Street Journal), (Fortune)
- A bus overturns on the Qom–Tehran Highway in Iran, killing eight people (including the driver) and injuring more than thirty others. Officials claim the driver fell asleep. (France 24)
- A Russian cargo ship collides with a motorway bridge in the city of Busan, South Korea. The captain is reported to be drunk. (The Guardian)
- A leaking oil pipeline explodes in Bayelsa, Nigeria; a stampede follows. Over 50 are reported missing. (The Guardian)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 5 Ways to Value Your Collection, Whether It’s Fine Wine or Shrunken Heads Collectible assets can be worth millions of dollars, but surges in the market can put desired items out of reach, while a collapse can wipe out speculators. [..]
- At an HBO Premiere Party, the C.E.O.’s Seat Was Empty The guests discuss Richard Plepler’s influence on the network behind “Game of Thrones” — and ponder what lies ahead as AT&T asserts control. [..]
- See all financial news of March 01, 2019