Tuesday 1 May 1990
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 1, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caitlin Stasey and Karla Sanchez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Far Out Man, directed by Tommy Chong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Broken Cord by Michael Dorris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Working Girl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout or European Superleague.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1990 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Caitlin Stasey: TV Actress.
- Karla Sanchez: YouTube Star.
- Uriel Álvarez: Mexican footballer.
- Diego Contento: German footballer.
- Prelude to a Kiss opens at Helen Hayes Theater, New York City
- The former Philippine Episcopal Church (supervised by the Episcopal Church of the United States of America) is granted full autonomy and raised to the status of an Autocephalous Anglican Province and renamed the Episcopal Church of the Philippines.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Janet Jackson - Alright
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon A La Deriva - Lucerito
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?